Friday, July 15, 2011

Rebirth of a sofa

!±8± Rebirth of a sofa

Not too long ago, when I out with my Chevy pickup, I saw an old couch just sitting on the edge of the road. I guess someone is just out of the garbage man to pick him up and bring it to the dump. If so, I could not blame them, the couch was pretty run down looking. The pillows seemed to have lost their fluff, the fabric looked dirty and stained from spilled many cups of coffee, and the upholstery had a gaudy pattern that included a combination ofGreen, orange and purple. In fact acquired a style much, but at least the two matching pillows included.

Since I lacked any furniture in my apartment, I thought I decided this pathetic looking couch another chance at life and take it in the bed of my truck and returned home laden. After I go home and download it, I tried to figure out what I could do with it, so it's a little 'more ... attractive. Of course I washed as best I could and even used two bottlesDeodorant and disinfectant material, the strange smells of coffee just 30 days. Smelling like roses and mountain air, my new couch still needs a makeover, stat.

After seeing a couple of hours of home improvement show in cable TV, I decided that the simple solution-mined to be reupholster this couch cushions and tie a fabric lining on the couch all. Fortunately for me the base and the general structure of the sofa was still in good shape and Idoes not need to change into something different by adding some finishing touches on the shellac standing.

It might, like most old couches, pillows were hinges where you can easily shoot down all the old things and adding to it, get the new pad was not as hard as I thought it would be. Seeing that the old fluff acrylic material consisted of old, I went out and bought a natural cotton padding as used in futon mattresses. I decided to use mainly for cotton, because I know that is durable and for me the lasta lot '.

After finishing the third was stuffed pillow, I was ready to go to put a lining fabric over the sofa. I bought one at an affordable price from a local fabric store and at home in a solid, navy blue, complete with tape to prevent the bottom to get it from coming off easily. Mounting and pillows on the couch, I could in this series, dilapidated couch trying to reinvent himself a new personality just by adding a new filling and protective shell. Finally, Ibought two matching pillow covers for the pillows in a slightly lighter color of the Navy and completed the look of my new couch.

Needless to say I was very happy that I take it upon myself to give this sofa has one more chance. Maybe I should go more often in the neighborhood, then maybe I'll make a suitable table and bed.


Rebirth of a sofa

!8!# Snapper Replacement Parts !8!# Wholesale Half Zip Pullover



0 comments:

Post a Comment